Last month I attended a sitting dinner party to celebrate a friend achievement of getting his PhD title. Most of the guests were from science world. Me, a purely gamma person felt a bit forlorn when I heard the table setting was arranged to let guests know each other better. I had assumed most guests were scientists, beta persons. My husband and I sat in a different table.
Surprisingly I enjoyed the company of the fellow guests at my table. I thought the conversation would be all about science but I was wrong. It was lively and very interesting to follow. The subjects varied from news of the day, entertainment to social media. Everyone had his/her turn to tell a story. On my right there was this funny rocket scientist while the lady sitting on my left turned out to be a well-accomplished Dutch gynaecologist. My husband sat between two chatty geneticists. To cut a story short my husband and I enjoyed ourselves that evening.
It made me wonder. If I had a chance to throw a dinner party for famous people, who would I invite? Here is a list of 6 guests I would like to have on an intimate dinner at my house.
- Sergey Brin from Google. I want to hear his vision about how Google Glass would affect our lives in let’s say 3 years from now.
- Angelina Jolie. I wonder if the wild child still resides in her now she is a mother and a respected humanitarian ambassador. Angie’s transformation intrigues me.
- Sting. One of the musicians nowadays who also pays attention to worldly socio cultural and environmental issues.
- Ivanka Trump. An heir who works hard and enjoys building her career unlike other heirs. She is definitely not a spoilt little rich girl.
- Louis Theroux. This journalist comes over as someone who is receptive and not judgemental. Theroux makes intriguing documentaries of controversial subjects. I love his series.
- Oprah Winfrey. She is the talkshow queen. Oprah’s ability to make her guests feel at ease in her company would boost this dinner.
While the guests consume the 3 courses Indonesian dinner, I’ll set Sundanese gamelan from West – Java softly as background music. The dinner will be closed with Indonesian civet coffee or Jasmine tea.
That is my guestlist. How about you? If you had a chance to throw a sitting dinner, how would your guestlist look like?
Pic is from Frenched toast