Underneath is my summary explaining why The Netherlands is called progressive:
- A country where you can legally buy (ok, a small) amount of joint
- Feeling to legally get stoned? Just pay a visit to a coffee shop in The Netherlands. I know, this sounds very confusing but hear this: coffee shops in NL sell soft drugs (marijuana, mushroom etc..). For coffee, tea or other drinks you need to go to the Cafés.
- First country to allow gay & lesbian marriage
Yep, either two grooms or two brides, they can marry legally here. In fact, gay couples have been allowed to adopt children from abroad lately.
- First country to allow euthanasia
To come to consideration for applying for Euthanasia, you must fill in many forms and of course your close relatives too. As soon as the appliance is formally acknowledged, you are able to define when (exact date & time), where (the location of course) and how (in most cases thru injection). The one who executes this, must report this to the register of the Department of Health.
- Where the prostitutes are defined as entrepreneurs by the government, so they are to pay income taxes annually
The prostitutes (if they work for themselves) or their pimps must meet some requirements to be able to run this entrepreneurship such as: hygienic workplace and long nails are forbidden as these wil cause a condomleak which – by sexual transmitted disease happened during the session – could lead to a possible law suit by the client.
- First country (as long as I know) to allow the launching of a Political Party for Pedophilia
I am speechless for this and the majority of the Dutch population also but it’s damn true!. Based on The Freedom of Speech some Pedophilia have succeeded to establish this Political Party. In its programme this party would like to legalize sexual contact between adults with children from 12 years old.A background information to you all, The Dutch actually prefer foreigners calling their country as The Netherlands (Nederland) not Holland. Holland is nowadays a historical name for an area in North- and South-Holland provinces (with well known cities as Amsterdam Noord-Holland and The Hague Zuid-Holland).